Does a CrateDB node support JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks)?

Hello, I’m reading the documentation at Node-specific settings — CrateDB: Reference and trying to understand if a CrateDB data node can support JBOD (Just a Bunch of Disks) configuration.

It reads "Multiple paths can be set by using a comma separated list and each of these paths will hold full shards (instead of striping data across them). For example:

path.data: /path/to/data1,/path/to/data2

When CrateDB finds striped shards at the provided locations (from CrateDB <0.55.0), these shards will be migrated automatically on startup."

Does that mean that I can simply attach and mount a new disk on that CrateDB node if I see the existing attached disks getting full? Are there any other steps or aspects that one should be careful about?

Or do I need to set up Logical Volume Manager on a CrateDB node?

Does that mean that I can simply attach and mount a new disk on that CrateDB node if I see the existing attached disks getting full? Are there any other steps or aspects that one should be careful about?

Yes, would be possible, but needs a restart of the node. Also the disk with the most free space would be used to allocate shards, i.e. a JBOD setup can be slower, than a RAID-0 setup.