How do i add additional nodes

hi,

i have a 3 nodes version 2.3.6 running in production. recently, the workload has been increasing. (ie number of bulk inserts and query) - the heapsize has been increased to 30GB. there are occasions where it just hit out of memory exceptions

is there any guide on adding the 4th node? will the additional node helps?

Hi, you can find more information about scaling CrateDB here:
https://crate.io/docs/crate/guide/en/latest/scaling/scaling-intro.html

Yes, I’ve setup my cluster and everything is working with the Classic Load Balancer. But I can’t get it to work with the Network Load balancer because the Health Checks are not getting through for some reason.
Did you succeed in this? Do you have a working setup?
Thanks

Sorry, somehow I’ve replied to the wrong thread… please ignore my comment above

Thanks

Is there any way to speed up the initial shard replication? Maybe using file-based transfers or something?
I currently play around and syncing 30GB (300k entries in table) takes ages (I’m using one replica per node). It looks like the data is only replicated to the new node quite slowly.

I am also looking to add another node to my 2 node cluster in centos environment. Please let me know if you have any documentation available. I went through the scaling documentation, but not able to use it.

Hi @Yugannddhar,

without additional information it’s difficult to tell what is going on. Can you share your crate.yml or logs from the new node?

Hi @jayeff
I have not done any configuration changes in crate. yml.
It’s kind of like crate is just installed.
New to crate. So, just want to make sure i know what i am doing before i start the process to add this node to the cluster.
I am looking for information like which files need to be updated to add this node to the cluster? Do I need update files in existing nodes also?

@Yugannddhar: I suggest to go look at our deployment how-tos. Furthermore check out the CrateDB multi-node setup how-to for additional details.