Source code setup on CentOS Linux 7 (Core)

I need to do source code setup of Crate version 3.0.5 in CentOS Linux 7 (Core). I have followed link: crate/basics.rst at 3.0.5 · crate/crate · GitHub

crate version: 3.0.5
java version: 1.8.0_312
python version: Python 3.6.8
gradle version: 4.7
JAVA_HOME = /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0.312.b07-1.el7_9.x86_64/
I have created “crate” user for the setup. On executing ./gradlew compileJava I am getting below error:

Watching the file system is not supported.

> Task :buildSrc:compileJava FAILED
/home/crate/crate/buildSrc/src/main/java/io/crate/gradle/TestLogger.java:60: error: cannot find symbol
            for (String output : testOutputs.getOrDefault(test, List.of())) {
                                                                    ^
  symbol:   method of()
/home/crate/crate/buildSrc/src/main/java/io/crate/gradle/plugins/jdk/Jdk.java:37: error: cannot find symbol
    private static final List<String> ALLOWED_VENDORS = List.of("adoptopenjdk", "adoptium");
                                                            ^
  symbol:   method of(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
/home/crate/crate/buildSrc/src/main/java/io/crate/gradle/plugins/jdk/Jdk.java:38: error: cannot find symbol
    private static final List<String> ALLOWED_OS = List.of("linux", "windows", "mac");
                                                       ^
  symbol:   method of(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
/home/crate/crate/buildSrc/src/main/java/io/crate/gradle/plugins/jdk/Jdk.java:39: error: cannot find symbol
    private static final List<String> ALLOWED_ARCH = List.of("x64", "aarch64");
                                                         ^
  symbol:   method of(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)
/home/crate/crate/buildSrc/src/main/java/io/crate/gradle/plugins/jdk/Jdk.java:86: error: cannot find symbol
        var versionMatcher = VERSION_PATTERN.matcher(version);
        ^
  symbol:   class var
/home/crate/crate/buildSrc/src/main/java/io/crate/gradle/plugins/jdk/Jdk.java:90: error: cannot find symbol
        var minor = versionMatcher.group(2);
        ^
/home/crate/crate/buildSrc/src/main/java/io/crate/gradle/plugins/jdk/JdkDownloadPlugin.java:177: error: cannot find symbol
        var extension = jdk.os().equals("windows") ? "zip" : "tar.gz";
        ^
  location: class io.crate.gradle.plugins.jdk.JdkDownloadPlugin
/home/crate/crate/buildSrc/src/main/java/io/crate/gradle/plugins/jdk/transform/SymbolicLinkPreservingUntarTransform.java:70: error: cannot find symbol
                    tar.transferTo(fos);
                       ^
  symbol:   method transferTo(java.io.FileOutputStream)
  location: variable tar of type org.apache.commons.compress.archivers.tar.TarArchiveInputStream
Note: /home/crate/crate/buildSrc/src/main/java/io/crate/gradle/plugins/jdk/JdkDownloadPlugin.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
8 errors

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':buildSrc:compileJava'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 1s
1 actionable task: 1 executed

Please guide me how can I do the setup and run the tests.

@pooja1pathak Sorry but we no longer support CrateDB version 3.0.5 (3 1/2 years old version by now).

I recommend to switch to the latest version 4.6.x / git master branch of CrateDB and I’m happy to help, if you have any issues with setting up your development environment for this version.

@jayeff Thank you for your response.
Please confirm if CrateDB version 3.0.5 has reached End Of Life? If Yes, when has it reached End Of Life?

At This document describes the Support Terms and SLA | Crate.io , it is mentioned that support will be provided for 1 year from the original release date. Does it mean version will reach EOL after 1 year?

Hi @pooja1pathak,

Please confirm if CrateDB version 3.0.5 has reached End Of Life? If Yes, when has it reached End Of Life?

Yes, CrateDB 3.0.x is no longer maintained. The latest feature release of 3.x (namely 3.3) was maintained until 2019-12-25.

At This document describes the Support Terms and SLA | Crate.io 1 , it is mentioned that support will be provided for 1 year from the original release date. Does it mean version will reach EOL after 1 year?

Please note that the web page you linked (Crate.io Support Terms) only apply if you have a support agreement with Crate.io as stated in the document itself: “This document applies to customers with a valid and active subscription for Crate.io products”

1 Like